Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Sausage tree

A sausage tree in the Bandra Kurla Complex. 

Kigelia is a genus of flowering plants in the family Bignoniaceae. The genus consists of only one species, Kigelia africana, which occurs throughout tropical Africa. The so-called sausage tree grows a poisonous fruit that is up to 60 cm (2 feet) long, weighs about 7 kg (15 pounds), and resembles a sausage in a casing. Wikipedia.

To view images from 'Our world' or to participate in this fabulous meme please click here and a blog hop here

13 comments:

  1. ...I can see how it gets its name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different from what I'm used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting! I've never seen anything like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed. Never heard of that tree before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    One wonders at the production of such pods which turn out to be of no food value! pretty street dressings though. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a peculiar tree Deepak, we have one at the Perth Zoo, fascinating to see! I love your header shot ✨

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the lesson, never heard of that tree before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen anything like that, I wonder why they don't chop it down if it's poisonous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do any birds or animals eat the fruit? I wonder what it's "good for"?
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/05/make-hay-while-sun-shines.html

    ReplyDelete